Kick Butts Day
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 All Day
In honor of Kick Butts Day on Wednesday, March 21, the Healthy UND Tobacco Free Campus Task Group is taking the opportunity to highlight the tobacco free campus policy and quit tobacco options. Kick Butts Day, founded by the Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids, is a national day to raise awareness about tobacco use, the leading cause of preventable death and disease.
UND is a tobacco free campus, which means tobacco use in any form is not allowed on university property. Tobacco use is allowed on city streets and sidewalks adjacent to these streets. Each and every UND community member, including students, administrators, faculty and staff, play an important role in ensuring the success of this policy.
Here are some things you can do to support a tobacco-free UND:
- Educate yourself and others about the tobacco-free UND policy and quit options
- Abide by the tobacco free campus policy
- Respectfully inform individuals of the policy when you observe violations. To watch a video of how to respectfully approach someone violating the tobacco-free policy, visit www.und.edu/tobaccofree.
- Motivate others to learn more about the policy and cessation options
- For those that use tobacco, choose to use only on city sidewalks/streets and dispose of cigarette butts in the tobacco receptacles located in these areas. To view a map of UND and city property, as well as to find out where receptacles are located, visit www.und.edu/tobaccofree.
We encourage those who use tobacco to take advantage of the following services to help you quit:
- ND QUITS: www.nd.quitnet.com or 1.800.QUIT.NOW. Free telephone or on-line support and free nicotine replacement medications
- NDPERS Tobacco Cessation Program, https://www.bcbsnd.com/ehealth/ndpersquit. Up to $700 in coverage for provider visits, medications, and counseling for benefitted employees and their dependents
- Health and Wellness Resource Office, Memorial Union, 777-2097 email@example.com, free quit kits and resources
- Student Health Services, McCannel Hall, 777-4500, www.und.edu/health-wellness/student-health, Provider visits and free quit kits for students
- Student Health Services Pharmacy, McCannel Hall, 777-3965. Over-the-counter and prescription medications available for purchase.
Thank you for joining us in our efforts to promote a healthy learning environment on campus.
Other Events on This Day
- TIAA-CREF Counseling Sessions (All Day)
- Specialty Morning Reformer Pilates (6:15 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Get Your Plate in Shape (8 AM)
- US Holocaust Memorial Museum Exhibit (10 AM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Drop In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Mastering the Grade Center in Blackboard (10 AM)
- Coffee, Cookies & Conversation (10 AM)
- Noon Cycling (12 PM)
- Job Search/Networking Techniques (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Digital Textbook Information Session (2 PM)
- Mat Pilates (3 PM)
- (editor's pick)Helen Hamilton Day (3:15 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (4 PM)
- TurboKick! (5 PM)
- Cool Runnings Running Group (5 PM)
- String Masterclass for Elementary, Middle and High School Students (5 PM)
- Northern Ink - GFPL Writers Group (6 PM)
- Disney College Program "Apply Today" information event (6 PM)
- The Disney College Program (6 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6:15 PM)
- Korean Cooking (6:30 PM)
- CoreCycle (6:45 PM)
- (editor's pick)Global Visions Film Series - Question One (7 PM)
- UND Cycling (7:45 PM)
- Violin Senior Recital (8 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)