YogaSlackers Slackline and Acro-Balance Workshops
Saturday, May 5, 2012 11 AM - 5 PM
Cost: Free will donation
Category: Health & Recreation
Contact: Tammy Magness 701.330.1639
Please refer to event description for location details
YogaSlackers is an international phenomenon born in Grand Forks, N.D., at Northern Height Rock Gym; come see what is all about.
Donation Based Workshops in Bringewatt Park - West Side:
Slackline Fundamentals, May 5, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: The Slackline Series is a unique practice that teaches complete body awareness, helping you to redefine your sense of balance and mental focus. All skill levels encouraged to come. No experience necessary.
Introduction to AcroBalance, May 5, 1 to 2:30 p.m.: AcroBalance blends yoga with acrobatics to create a playful partner practice. Students learn the fundamentals of acrobatics through partner yoga, basic human pyramids, counterbalances and collaborative conditioning drills. All skill levels encouraged to come. No experience or partner necessary.
Slackro, May 5, 3 to 5 p.m.: Some Slackline, Yoga or Acrobatic experience suggested. We will use a Partner, a Slackline and the Ground to perfect and breakdown acrobatic and slackline movements.
Other Events on This Day
- Spring 2012 Work Well Walking Challenge (All Day)
- Diva Dash 5k Fun Run/Walk and Shopping Event (8 AM)
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (9 AM)
- (editor's pick)School of Law Commencement (10 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Publish Yourself! (10 AM)
- "Eye of the Needle, Eye of the Heart" Exhibition by Elias Sime (1 PM)
- (editor's pick)Almost, Maine (7:30 PM)