Monday, April 2, 2012 6 PM - 8:30 PM
Cost: Registration is FREE for UND affiliates.
Category: Class Event, Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Linda Skarsten 701.777.4259
Memorial Union Badlands Room
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Multicultural Student Services will present workshops titled "Play Through the Pain: Anti-Racism Process Play," from April 2-4.
The workshop is about mindful exploration of deeply held beliefs, ideas, images and practices that constitute the individual building blocks of systemic racism/white supremacy. Participants learn to use play (engaging games and exercises) as a process tool for moving through pain (racial harm). Play is our way to the heart through which we connect to each other with humanity, integrity and justice.
Space is limited. Only 30 individuals per session; registrations must be received by March 30. Registration is FREE for UND affiliates. Click to reserve your spot! http://und.edu/student-life/multicultural-student-services/events.cfm
All workshops are the same and will be held in the Badlands Room, Memorial Union. Dates follow.
Monday April 2, 6-8:30 p.m.; Tuesday April 3, 8-10:30 a.m., noon to 2:30 p.m., and 6-8:30 p.m.; Wednesday, April 4, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., 2:30-5 p.m.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Conducting Symposium (All Day)
- Spring 2012 Work Well Walking Challenge Registration OPEN (All Day)
- Specialty Morning Reformer Pilates (6:15 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)"Eye of the Needle, Eye of the Heart" Exhibition by Elias Sime (9 AM)
- Adelphi Book Sale (10 AM)
- Noon Cycling (12 PM)
- Blake E. McCann Doctoral Examination (12 PM)
- Mat Pilates (3 PM)
- PXW Public Health Faculty Position Interview (3:15 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (4 PM)
- Resume/Cover Letter Writing (4 PM)
- Game On: Wii! (4 PM)
- Zumba (30 min) (5 PM)
- Advanced Reformer Pilates (5:15 PM)
- Accelerated Cycling - R2 (5:30 PM)
- Cheap, Fast and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- ReBootCamp (5:45 PM)
- Abs Blast (7 PM)
- CoreCycle (7:15 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)