Sandra Donaldson Retirement Reception
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 4 PM - 6:30 PM
Please join the Department of English and the College of Arts & Sciences at a retirement reception honoring Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor Sandra Donaldson on Tuesday, April 24, from 4 to 6:30 p.m. at the North Dakota Museum of Art (program to begin at 4:30). She will retire at the end of the spring 2012 semester.
Dr. Donaldson earned a B.A. in 1968 from State University of New York at Buffalo, and then a M.A. in 1970 and a Ph.D. in 1977 from the University of Connecticut. When Donaldson became a member of the UND faculty in 1977, she was one of just a few women in the Department of English. During her time at UND, she has not only witnessed many changes, but also helped to push them further. She helped to found the Women Studies program and was awarded the Outstanding Faculty Award for Development and Service, as well as the UND Foundation/Thomas J. Clifford Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Research. She was named a Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor in 2004.
Donaldson is an internationally renowned scholar of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, who has been awarded multiple grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities. As one person put it, “It is not possible for anyone in the world to work with Elizabeth Barrett Browning and not consult Sandra Donaldson's work. Her preeminence in the field grows from nearly three decades of steady, productive, focused work." Pickering & Chatto published her five volume scholarly edition, The Works of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, in 2010.
Please join us in thanking Dr. Donaldson for her thirty-five years of service, teaching, and research at UND. Also, please join us in honoring her dedication to our University, the Grand Forks community, and the state of North Dakota. We wish her well in her retirement.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Spring 2012 Work Well Walking Challenge (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6 AM)
- "Eye of the Needle, Eye of the Heart" Exhibition by Elias Sime (9 AM)
- Mobile Vet Center (9 AM)
- GFPL Preschool Story Time (10 AM)
- Workshop: Clickers in the Classroom (11 AM)
- Interviewing Techniques (11:30 AM)
- Specialty Noon Reformer Pilates (12 PM)
- Diane Nelson Retirement Reception (1 PM)
- (editor's pick)Solfege Idol (2 PM)
- Job Service ND Job Fair (2 PM)
- Erica Thompson Open Forum (3 PM)
- Specialty Advanced Boxing (4 PM)
- Michael Bommarito Doctoral Examination (4 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (Merrifield (4:15 PM)
- Xpress Pump (5 PM)
- Erica Thompson Meet and Greet (5 PM)
- Cycling for a Cause (5:15 PM)
- TurboKick! (5:45 PM)
- Guillermo Srodek-Hart: Artist Talk & Reception (6 PM)
- Xpress Cycle (6:15 PM)
- Specialty Evening Reformer Pilates (6:30 PM)
- Abs Blast (7 PM)
- Night Ride (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Global Visions Film Series - Earth (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour (7 PM)
- Zumba (7:45 PM)
- (editor's pick)University Band "Pops" Concert (8 PM)
- Swing Club (9 PM)