(editor's pick)Scholarly Project Poster Session
Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:15 AM - 4:30 PM
Lectures / Seminars, Dining Event
Contact: Denis MacLeod 701.777.2733
Contact Dept: School of Medicine and Health Sciences
School of Medicine and Health Sciences Vennes Atrium
Clinical Education Center
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The Physician Assistant Program's annual Scholarly Project poster session will be held from 8:15 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, in the Vennes Atrium at the SMHS. SMHS faculty, staff, and students are welcome to view the posters and visit with the students. Cookies and beverages will be served.
The student posters are based on the students' capstone scholarly projects. To complete the projects, students formulate an answerable question based on a current topic studied in primary care. Implementing evidence-based medicine principles, an extensive review of the medical literature is performed to find resources to answer the question.
Students will present their posters in two groups, morning and afternoon; please make a note to attend both sessions. The following are examples of the topics that will be presented:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Management of Associated Hypertension.
- Comparing the Efficacy of Dabigatran vs. Warfarin in the Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.
- Biomarkers in the Management of the Chronic Stable Heart Failure Patient.
- Cervical Cancer Screening and Treatment Guidelines for Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance Compared to Higher Grade Cervical Squamous Cell Changes.
A full listing of the poster titles will be available on the Physician Assistant Program website one week before the event under the Links tab.
Other Events on This Day
- Spring 2012 Work Well Walking Challenge (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6 AM)
- "Eye of the Needle, Eye of the Heart" Exhibition by Elias Sime (9 AM)
- (editor's pick)Engineering and Mines Design Exposition (9 AM)
- Cooperative Education Homework Briefing Session (9 AM)
- GFPL Preschool Story Time (10 AM)
- Workshop: Adobe Connect for Instructors (10:30 AM)
- Cooperative Education Homework Briefing Session (11 AM)
- Cooperative Education Homework Briefing Session (1:30 PM)
- University Council Meeting (3 PM)
- Cooperative Education Homework Briefing Session (4 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (Merrifield (4:15 PM)
- Xpress Pump (5 PM)
- Cycling for a Cause (5:15 PM)
- TurboKick! (5:45 PM)
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (6 PM)
- Xpress Cycle (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)My Best Friend's Wedding (7 PM)
- Abs Blast (7 PM)
- Night Ride (7 PM)
- Zumba (7:45 PM)