(editor's pick)Gershman/Ahler Lecture
Friday, May 4, 2012 3 PM
Beksizwe Ndimande, assistant professor of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, will deliver the inaugural Gershman/Ahler Distinguished Lecture in Qualitative Research. His presentation is titled "Decolonizing Research in Post-Apartheid South Africa: The Politics of Methodology." The lecture will be given at 3 p.m. Friday, May 4 (Reading and Review Day), in the Education Building, room 7. The event is free and open to the public.
Named for the two pioneers in the teaching of qualitative research methods at UND, Kathleen Gershman and Janet Ahler, this annual series will feature a speaker with expertise in cutting-edge qualitative methodological concerns.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Spring 2012 Work Well Walking Challenge (All Day)
- Block Party with Z-94 (All Day)
- (editor's pick)LeaderCast 2012 (7 AM)
- Middle School String Solo and Ensemble Day (8 AM)
- Convective Storms Symposium (8 AM)
- "Eye of the Needle, Eye of the Heart" Exhibition by Elias Sime (9 AM)
- Medical Park Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- ALANA Barbecue (1 PM)
- PPT Seminar (2 PM)
- Institutional Review Board Meeting (3 PM)
- Lavender Graduation (3:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)12th Annual Polyester Party (6 PM)
- Friday Night Races (6:30 PM)
- Almost, Maine (7:30 PM)