Convective Storms Symposium
Friday, May 4, 2012 8 AM - 5 PM
The Northern Plains Convective Storm Symposium will be held on Friday, May 4, in Clifford Hall.
The symposium, which is held in different cities in the Northern Plains each year, provides an opportunity for individuals with an interest in thunderstorms, tornadoes, and other convective weather phenomena to exchange ideas, research, technological advancements, and forecasting techniques with other members of the atmospheric science community. Speakers at this event include UND faculty and students, NDSU faculty members, meteorologists from the National Weather Service office in Grand Forks, and meteorologists from Meridian Environmental Technology.
The symposium is sponsored by the Department of Atmospheric Science, the UND Student Chapter of the American Meteorological Society, the Lake Agassiz Chapter of the American Meteorological Society, and the National Weather Service. Specific information, including symposium location, hotel details, how to submit an abstract, registration, and agenda is available at the symposium web site: http://atmos.und.edu/stormconf/. Questions regarding this workshop can be directed to Fred Remer (email@example.com) or Greg Gust (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Spring 2012 Work Well Walking Challenge (All Day)
- Block Party with Z-94 (All Day)
- (editor's pick)LeaderCast 2012 (7 AM)
- Middle School String Solo and Ensemble Day (8 AM)
- "Eye of the Needle, Eye of the Heart" Exhibition by Elias Sime (9 AM)
- Medical Park Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- ALANA Barbecue (1 PM)
- PPT Seminar (2 PM)
- Institutional Review Board Meeting (3 PM)
- (editor's pick)Gershman/Ahler Lecture (3 PM)
- Lavender Graduation (3:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)12th Annual Polyester Party (6 PM)
- Friday Night Races (6:30 PM)
- Almost, Maine (7:30 PM)