Workshop: Getting Started with Bb. 9.1
Thursday, May 10, 2012 2 PM - 3 PM
Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Shae Samuelson 701.777.2129
Contact Dept: CILT
370 Oxford St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
This workshop will guide participants through the basic tasks and decisions required to set up a course. First, they will review the course from a student's perspective as they navigate through tools and content. The focus will then turn to the instructor's perspective where participants will walk through the process of creating a Course Menu from planning to adding and organizing links. Participants will gain hands-on experience creating a Course Menu that's suitable for their own course. They will also develop a Getting Started Content Area designed to provide students with information they need to be successful learners. Participants will also learn to customize their course to add visual interest and address pedagogical requirements. comm start-up tasks such as creating announcements, adding calendar entries, building a syllabus, and setting up discussion forums will also be introduced.
This workshop is for individuals who are new to Blackboard.
Intended Audience: Faculty and Graduate Teaching Assistants
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Last Week of Classes/Finals Week (All Day)
- Spring 2012 Work Well Walking Challenge (All Day)
- "Eye of the Needle, Eye of the Heart" Exhibition by Elias Sime (9 AM)
- Provost Search Committee Meeting (9:30 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- Rashel Makane Mokambe Sumpter Doctoral Examination (12 PM)
- Mark Thompson Retirement Reception (2 PM)
- (editor's pick)Crafts for Kids - Mother's Day (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Greater Grand Forks Young Professionals ArtSee (4:30 PM)
- Grand Forks Public Library Board Meeting (4:45 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6 PM)
- Basic Computer Class - Computers 101 (6 PM)
- Night Ride (7 PM)
- Zumba (7:15 PM)