(editor's pick)Off the Map
Saturday, June 2, 2012 7:30 PM - 9 PM
Off the Map takes you to "the middle of nowhere" -- small towns in North Dakota where communities struggle with the question of how to stop out-migration and bring new people to them. Based on interviews conducted from 2010-11, this new play by Kathy Coudle-King, Sr. Lecturer in English, will introduce you to inspirational people around the state who doing their best to preserve their communities. This production involves eight actors performing 22 roles, and incorporates video shot during the making of the documentary by the same name. The documentary will follow the live performances. We go to Olga, Hazelton, Crosby, Ruso, Ashley, and many places in between before we arrive in "Oil Country" and hear from those who are directly effected by the boom. What impact has it had on those communities? Join us, in the middle of nowhere.
Made possible by the generous support of UND's R&D, ND Humanities Council, and the ND Council on the Arts. A production of the Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre.
- June 2 - 7 p.m. - Hazelton High School
- June 3 - 2 p.m. - Hatton Community Center
- June 9 - Sibyl Center - Stanley, N.D.
- June 10 - Dakota Theatre - Crosby, N.D.
- July 12-13 - Fire Hall Theatre - Grand Forks
Other Events on This Day
- (editor's pick)7th Annual Dewey Kvidt Memorial Duathlon 5K & 10K Run/Walk (9 AM)
- (editor's pick)AFAA Group Fitness Certification (9 AM)