Summer Language Processing Camp
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Category: Kids & Families, Community Event
Contact: Sarah Robinson 701.777.3723
Contact Dept: Ph.D, CCC-SLP, Clinical Assistant Professor
290 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
It is the general mission of the UND Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic to provide supervised academic and clinical instruction and research experience for students; to provide clinical services to individuals, groups and agencies within the University and greater Grand Forks area; to provide professional leadership within the local, state and national professional organizations; and to contribute to the body of knowledge concerning communication processes and communication disorders.
Children, ages 7 to 12 years, with processing disorders are invited to attend the camp. This includes kids with:
1. language processing problems,
2. auditory processing deficits and/or
3. reading difficulties.
The goal of the Summer Processing Camp is to provide intervention and instruction to children with processing disorders. Upon completion of the SLPC, child participants will:
1. Improve their language processing skills.
2. Gain an understanding of how their brain uses sensory information.
3. Learn strategies and evaluate their learning so that they are better able to self-advocate for their learning needs in a classroom setting.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- INMED (All Day)
- Swim North Dakota (All Day)
- Experience Engineering Summer Camp (All Day)
- TIAA-CREF Sessions (All Day)
- Art Odyssey: Imaginary Trip to New York (All Day)
- STEM Kids (3-6) (2 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:30 AM)
- Jo Ellison Wilcox Doctoral Examination (8 AM)
- Foreign Language Day Camp (9 AM)
- Strength Athletic Development Camp (9 AM)
- Volleyball All Skills Camp I & II (9 AM)
- Alice Animation Intro Camp (9 AM)
- GFPL Preschool Story Time (10 AM)
- Creating Surveys with Qualtrics (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)UND Summer Graduation Expo (11 AM)
- Noon Yoga (12:10 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- cScibot Lego Advanced Camp (1 PM)
- Chris Przemieniecki Doctoral Examination (1:30 PM)
- Hockey Camp (3 PM)
- Cheryl Osowski Farewell Reception (3:30 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (Merrifield (4:15 PM)
- Zumba (5:15 PM)
- Cookin' with the Kiddos (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)William Elliott Whitmore Concert (6 PM)
- Divot-a-Try Ladies Golf League (6:10 PM)
- TurboKick (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Great Reads Book Club (7 PM)
- ReBootCamp (7:30 PM)