(editor's pick)Turtle Fest
Saturday, June 16, 2012 10 AM - 3:30 PM
Kids & Families, Health & Recreation, Fair / Festival
Contact: Patsy Nies 701.777.3791
Contact Dept: Enrollment Services
Turtle River State Park
22 Miles West of Grand Forks on Hwy 2
Arvilla, ND 58202
Turtle Fest 2012 at Turtle River State Park (20 miles west of Grand Forks on Highway 2) is from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, June 16. Park admission is free that day, as are all events, with the exception of the fund raiser burger meal.
All events are located at the Woodland Lodge, except where noted.
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Kids' Fishing Seminar (CCC Memorial Shelter)
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Arts and Crafts for Kids
- 10 to noon — Kids Bike Safety Seminar (helmets required)
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Fund raiser meal including wood-fired burgers (with coleslaw, baked beans, condiments, and coffee/lemonade) for $8. Kids alternative hotdog meal (with chips and lemonade) for $3.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Live bluegrass performed by "Too Old to Die Young"
- 1 to 2:15 p.m. — Minnow Races (preregister earlier that day)
- 2:30 p.m. — More Than A Reptile Show
Ongoing Events: "bouncy house," geocaching instruction, self-guided kids scavenger hunt, camping units on display, bikes and biking equipment on display.
Sponsored by Friends of Turtle River with assistance from Cabela's, Scheels, Ski & Bike Shop, Leisureland RV, Budget RV, Q107, and Safe Kids Grand Forks.
Other Events on This Day