All "Around" Art Making
Thursday, July 12, 2012 All Day
The Museum's Summer Art Camp Series welcomes Guillermo "Memo" Guardia for All "Around" Art Making: All Kinds of Art Projects. (For ages 6-13)
Memo always surprises us with his sculptural creations, and this week promises tons of fun activities around building and sculpture using clay and other materials. Memo works at the Museum, has earned two master’s degrees in Art and Industrial Technology, is a member of Muddy Waters Clay Center, and has been represented in galleries and museums locally and nationally.
Summer Arts Camps are a time for imaginations to run wild. Students will have the time of their lives creating and imagining alongside professional artists. Each week brings a different artist with new themes and projects. Students learn to develop an artwork based upon everyday experiences using the basic elements of art. No art experience is needed. Days are full of fun!
Registration begins on April 17 and 18 for those with family memberships only or those renewing or signing up as a first time member. On April 19, registration will be open for all other registrants. Payment is due upon registration. Full and partial scholarships are available based upon need. You may stop in to register and pay with cash, check or credit card, or you may register by phone with a credit card. We cannot hold spaces. Camps fill early, so it is to your benefit to register early. Camp registration will be open until camps are filled.
Family memberships cost $50 over and above the cost of camp and are good for an entire year. One $50 membership would allow one or all children in one family to get discounted camp rates. A membership includes discounts for your entire family for concerts and most events, discounts on camps, most workshops and classes and gift shop purchases. You will receive the Museum’s newsletter and notification of all Museum events.
If you are interested in sponsoring a child in the way of a full or partial scholarship, please contact Sue Fink. Sponsors will be noted in Museum education publications.
Other Events on This Day
- Swim North Dakota (All Day)
- International Aerospace Camp (All Day)
- Diving Camp (All Day)
- INMED (All Day)
- TIAA-CREF Counseling Sessions (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:30 AM)
- Summer Reading Camp (8 AM)
- Strength Athletic Development Camp (9 AM)
- cScibot Lego Intro Camp (Ages 12-14) (9 AM)
- Foreign Language Day Camp (9 AM)
- Orientation (9:30 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- Summer Kid Movie Series (10 AM)
- Noon Yoga-Cancelled (12:10 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Summer Language Processing Camp (12:30 PM)
- Alice Animation Advanced Camp (1 PM)
- SRP - Storyteller Bonnie Cameron and Craft (2 PM)
- Hockey Camp (3 PM)
- Grand Forks Public Library Board Meeting (4:45 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (5:15 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Protein 101 (6 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Computers 101 (6 PM)
- Zumba (7:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Grand Forks City Band Summer Concert (7:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Oliver (7:30 PM)
- SIL Colloquium (8 PM)