Art Odyssey: Imaginary Trip to New York
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 All Day
The Museum's Summer Art Camp Series welcomes Sheila Dalgliesh for Art Odyssey: Imaginary Trip to New York. (For ages 6-13)
Take an exciting imaginary journey to New York City with artist Sheila Dalgliesh as we experiment with materials as we “visit” the city’s architecture and its artists. Sheila is well-known and loved in our community. She is a favorite teacher with the Artwise artist-in-the-schools program. Her camps are always bustling with activity and fun.
Summer Arts Camps are a time for imaginations to run wild. Students will have the time of their lives creating and imagining alongside professional artists. Each week brings a different artist with new themes and projects. Students learn to develop an artwork based upon everyday experiences using the basic elements of art. No art experience is needed. Days are full of fun!
Registration begins on April 17 and 18 for those with family memberships only or those renewing or signing up as a first time member. On April 19, registration will be open for all other registrants. Payment is due upon registration. Full and partial scholarships are available based upon need. You may stop in to register and pay with cash, check or credit card, or you may register by phone with a credit card. We cannot hold spaces. Camps fill early, so it is to your benefit to register early. Camp registration will be open until camps are filled.
Family memberships cost $50 over and above the cost of camp and are good for an entire year. One $50 membership would allow one or all children in one family to get discounted camp rates. A membership includes discounts for your entire family for concerts and most events, discounts on camps, most workshops and classes and gift shop purchases. You will receive the Museum’s newsletter and notification of all Museum events.
If you are interested in sponsoring a child in the way of a full or partial scholarship, please contact Sue Fink. Sponsors will be noted in Museum education publications.
Other Events on This Day
- Swim North Dakota (All Day)
- Experience Engineering Summer Camp (All Day)
- INMED (All Day)
- TIAA-CREF Sessions (All Day)
- STEM Kids (3-6) (2 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:30 AM)
- Jo Ellison Wilcox Doctoral Examination (8 AM)
- Strength Athletic Development Camp (9 AM)
- Alice Animation Intro Camp (9 AM)
- Foreign Language Day Camp (9 AM)
- Volleyball All Skills Camp I & II (9 AM)
- GFPL Preschool Story Time (10 AM)
- Creating Surveys with Qualtrics (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)UND Summer Graduation Expo (11 AM)
- Noon Yoga (12:10 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Summer Language Processing Camp (12:30 PM)
- cScibot Lego Advanced Camp (1 PM)
- Chris Przemieniecki Doctoral Examination (1:30 PM)
- Hockey Camp (3 PM)
- Cheryl Osowski Farewell Reception (3:30 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (Merrifield (4:15 PM)
- Zumba (5:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)William Elliott Whitmore Concert (6 PM)
- Cookin' with the Kiddos (6 PM)
- Divot-a-Try Ladies Golf League (6:10 PM)
- TurboKick (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Great Reads Book Club (7 PM)
- ReBootCamp (7:30 PM)