Minnkota Genealogical Society Meeting
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7 PM
Contact: Michael Swanson 701.777.4627
Contact Dept: Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections
Chester Fritz Library East Asian Room
3051 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The June meeting of the Minnkota Genealogical Society will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 12, in the East Asian Room, fourth floor of the Chester Fritz Library. Visitors are welcome.
The program is titled “Navigating the Digital Archives of Norway Website” by Michael Swanson, assistant archivist, Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections.
Rather than closing at 5 p.m., the Department of Special Collections will remain open for those who wish to do research prior to the meeting.
About the UND Chester Fritz Library Special Collections
The mission of the Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections, Chester Fritz Library, is to identify, acquire, preserve, and make available published resources and historical records, regardless of format, that document the political, economic, social and cultural heritage of North Dakota, the Red River Valley, the city of Grand Forks, and UND. The collection—a nationally known genealogical research facility, especially noted for its unique collection of Norwegian Bygdebøker—is named after longtime UND History professor Elwyn Robinson, author of a widely referenced history of North Dakota.
- Chester Fritz Library: http://library.und.edu/
- Elwyn B. Robinson Department of Special Collections: http://library.und.edu/special-collections/
- Arne G. Brekke Bygdebok Collection: http://library.und.edu/special-collections/bygdebok/
- Minnkota Genealogical Society: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~minnkota/
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Swim North Dakota (All Day)
- Diving Camp (All Day)
- Girls Basketball Elite Camp (All Day)
- Girls State (All Day)
- Swimming and Diving Camp (All Day)
- INPSYDE Program (All Day)
- INMED (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:30 AM)
- Strength Athletic Development Camp (9 AM)
- cScibot Lego Intro Camp (Ages 9-12) (9 AM)
- Orientation (9:30 AM)
- GFPL Preschool Story Time (10 AM)
- Collaborative Learning Program (12 PM)
- Noon Yoga (12:10 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Summer Language Processing Camp (12:30 PM)
- Alice Animation Intro Camp (1 PM)
- STEM Kids (k-2) @ GFPL (2 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (Merrifield (4:15 PM)
- Zumba (5:15 PM)
- Basic Lifesaving Skills for Healthcare Providers (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Divot-a-Try Ladies Golf League (6:10 PM)
- TurboKick (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)This & That Book Club (7 PM)
- ReBootCamp (7:30 PM)
- Heather Dubrow Poetry Reading (7:30 PM)