Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:30 PM - 10 PM
Cost: $18 and $15 for students, seniors, military with I.D.
Category: Community Event, Comedy, Theater Event
Contact: Kathleen Coudle-King 701.746.8071
Contact Dept: Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre
Fire Hall Theater
412 2nd Avenue North
Grand Forks, ND 58201
And you thought those Toddlers in Tiaras were bad? And Dance Moms? Please. Wait until you see the contemporary musical comedy at the Fire Hall Theatre in downtown Grand Forks, June 14-30. The show rips the curtain back on just what lengths some actresses will go to in order to get the part.
Written by Joel Paley with book and lyrics by Marvin Laird, the cast delivers a campy little show in spades. Familiarity with classics like All About Even, Vanity of the Dolls, and Gypsy are not necessary, but it sure adds to the enjoyment.
Join UND alums Chris Stoner, Emily Wirkus, Therese Borkengagen, Jane Braaten, Mare Thompson, Patrick Pearson, as well as Houston Scharmer, Ophelia Brewer, Frank Sikich (current undergrad), directed by Jared Kinney with Musical Direction by David Henrickson (Dept. of Music. - UND).
Tickets can be reserved by calling 777-4090 or at the door. Please note that Sunday shows are only at 2 p.m.
Other Events on This Day
- Swim North Dakota (All Day)
- International Aerospace Camp (All Day)
- Girl's Basketball Team Camp (All Day)
- INMED (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:30 AM)
- Organizational Conflict Management (8:30 AM)
- Strength Athletic Development Camp (9 AM)
- Alice Animation Intro Camp (9 AM)
- Orientation (9:30 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- Summer Kid Movie Series (10 AM)
- Noon Yoga (12:10 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Summer Language Processing Camp (12:30 PM)
- cScibot Lego Intro Camp (Ages 12-14) (1 PM)
- (editor's pick)SRP - GeoDome & iPad Apps with Mark Guy (2 PM)
- Webinar: Understanding the Battle Mind (2 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (5:15 PM)
- Basic Lifesaving Skills for Healthcare Providers (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Library2Go (6 PM)
- A Good Yarn Knitting Club (7 PM)
- Zumba (7:15 PM)
- Ruthless! (7:30 PM)
- SIL Colloquium (8 PM)
- (editor's pick)Mystery Movie Night! (9:15 PM)