(editor's pick)NDUS Arts and Humanities Summit
Thursday, October 11, 2012 All Day
NDUS welcomes all faculty to the North Dakota University System's Arts and Humanities Summit on the campus of Valley City State University Thursday-Friday, Oct. 11-12. The two day conference will be packed with presentations and events. We encourage everyone to consider the ways they can contribute to this event.
This year, the guest performer will be Joy Harjo. Harjo is a celebrated writer and musician. She will be performing a concert the evening of Oct. 11, with a reading and book signing on the morning of Oct. 12.
The event also includes a luncheon with special guest Chancellor Ham Shirvani on Oct. 11. The summit will be concluded with a banquet and comedy hour the evening of the 12th.
All events, meals, and registration are free. We encourage all attendees of the conference to bring a picture or photo of their favorite bridge for an interactive display during the summit.
Registration and proposals are open for submissions. Proposals are due Monday, Sept. 10. You can register at www.vcsu.edu/ndusahs.
If you have any questions, please contact Jonna Ziniel, coordinator of the event, at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you at the conference.
Other Events on This Day
- Healthy Campus Challenge Triathlon (All Day)
- Specialty Group Exercise Registration! (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- American College of Norway 20th Anniversary (7 AM)
- Influenza Vaccine Clinics (8:30 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- Homecoming Headquarters - Gorecki Alumni Center (11 AM)
- National Coming Out Day Panel (11:30 AM)
- Influenza Vaccine Clinics (12 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt- Cancelled (12:30 PM)
- Workshop: SafeAssign Plagiarism Checking Student Papers and Blackboard Assignments (2 PM)
- Medical Laboratory Dedication (3 PM)
- Atmospheric Sciences Seminar (3 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Fitness Xpress (4:30 PM)
- Boxing (4:30 PM)
- Grand Forks Public Library Board Meeting (4:45 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- (editor's pick)Sioux Award Banquet (5 PM)
- Beginner Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- Cooking With the Kiddos (6 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Microsoft Excel (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- Mark Pfeifle Lecture (7 PM)
- UND Volleyball vs. Southern Utah (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- Advanced Swing Club (9:15 PM)