'Collaboration: A La Rauschenberg' Exhibition
Monday, September 17, 2012 9 AM - 5 PM
Culture, Museum / Gallery Exhibit
Contact: Rebecca Grandstrand 701.777.4195
Contact Dept: North Dakota Museum of Art
North Dakota Museum of Art
261 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Collaboration: A La Rauschenberg on display July 24 through September 30.
The Museum of Art received $150,000 over three years to support the commissioning of artists Rena Effendi, Bill Harbort, John Hitchcock, Terry Jelsing, Mary Lucier, and Tim Schouten to create work exploring life on North Dakota’s mixed race, multi-cultural Spirit Lake Nation of the Dakota people. The project brings together artists from various disciplines and backgrounds, including Native Americans, to create work with and about a community that has minimal contact with contemporary artists.
Collaboration: A La Rauschenberg will showcase each of the six artists' work before the collaboration begins. The exhibition will be on display through September 30.
This project is supported by the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation’s Artistic Innovation and Collaboration Program, which supports fearless and innovative collaborations in the spirit of Robert Rauschenberg.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Morning Reformer Pilates (6:30 AM)
- Workshop: Clickers in the Classroom (9 AM)
- The Oakes Twins Exhibition (9 AM)
- Resume/Cover Letter Writing (10 AM)
- Story Time at the UND Bookstore (10 AM)
- Career Fair Success (11 AM)
- UND Men's Golf at North Dakota State (12 PM)
- UND Women's Golf at Chicago (12 PM)
- Resume/Cover Letter Writing (12 PM)
- ReBootCamp (4 PM)
- Fast Enterprises, LLC Info Session (4:30 PM)
- Turbo Kick (5 PM)
- Xpress Cycle (5 PM)
- Cool Runnings Running Group (5 PM)
- Row and Ride (5:45 PM)
- enCORE (6:15 PM)
- Zach Wahls Lecture (7 PM)
- Hip Hop (7:15 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)