'Collaboration: A La Rauschenberg' Exhibition
Thursday, September 20, 2012 9 AM - 5 PM
Culture, Museum / Gallery Exhibit
Contact: Rebecca Grandstrand 701.777.4195
Contact Dept: North Dakota Museum of Art
North Dakota Museum of Art
261 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Collaboration: A La Rauschenberg on display July 24 through September 30.
The Museum of Art received $150,000 over three years to support the commissioning of artists Rena Effendi, Bill Harbort, John Hitchcock, Terry Jelsing, Mary Lucier, and Tim Schouten to create work exploring life on North Dakota’s mixed race, multi-cultural Spirit Lake Nation of the Dakota people. The project brings together artists from various disciplines and backgrounds, including Native Americans, to create work with and about a community that has minimal contact with contemporary artists.
Collaboration: A La Rauschenberg will showcase each of the six artists' work before the collaboration begins. The exhibition will be on display through September 30.
This project is supported by the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation’s Artistic Innovation and Collaboration Program, which supports fearless and innovative collaborations in the spirit of Robert Rauschenberg.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Stomping Grounds University Place Grand Re-Opening (7:30 AM)
- Samantha Chase Doctoral Examination (8 AM)
- The Oakes Twins Exhibition (9 AM)
- UAS Technology Demonstrations (9 AM)
- (editor's pick)Accounting Fair (9:30 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- Entrepreneur Forum, “ Tell Me Something Interesting… An Introduction to Brand Development and Branding by Craig Silvernagel (12 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt (12:30 PM)
- Workshop: Getting Started with Blackboard (1 PM)
- Workshop: iPads - Beginners (1:30 PM)
- Workshop: Record Lectures with Tegrity (2 PM)
- (editor's pick)Student Showcase (2 PM)
- Underage Drinking Research Webinar (2 PM)
- Geohazard Mapping Seminar (3 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Fitness Xpress (4:30 PM)
- Boxing (4:30 PM)
- Beginner Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- Cooking With the Kiddos (6 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Electronic Devices (It's on, now what?) (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- A Good Yarn Knitting Club (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Good People (7:30 PM)
- Miranda Graduate Trumpet Recital (8 PM)
- UND Volleyball at Weber State (8 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- Advanced Swing Club (9:15 PM)