'Collaboration: A La Rauschenberg' Exhibition
Friday, September 28, 2012 9 AM - 5 PM
Culture, Museum / Gallery Exhibit
Contact: Rebecca Grandstrand 701.777.4195
Contact Dept: North Dakota Museum of Art
North Dakota Museum of Art
261 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Collaboration: A La Rauschenberg on display July 24 through September 30.
The Museum of Art received $150,000 over three years to support the commissioning of artists Rena Effendi, Bill Harbort, John Hitchcock, Terry Jelsing, Mary Lucier, and Tim Schouten to create work exploring life on North Dakota’s mixed race, multi-cultural Spirit Lake Nation of the Dakota people. The project brings together artists from various disciplines and backgrounds, including Native Americans, to create work with and about a community that has minimal contact with contemporary artists.
Collaboration: A La Rauschenberg will showcase each of the six artists' work before the collaboration begins. The exhibition will be on display through September 30.
This project is supported by the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation’s Artistic Innovation and Collaboration Program, which supports fearless and innovative collaborations in the spirit of Robert Rauschenberg.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Last day for instructors to submit removals of incomplete to the Office of the Registrar (All Day)
- Nancy Gardner Memorial Food Drive (All Day)
- Family Weekend (All Day)
- Healthy Campus Challenge Triathlon Registration (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- PriceWaterhouse Coopers Interviews (8:15 AM)
- The Oakes Twins Exhibition (9 AM)
- BYOT- "Bring Your Own Technology" (9 AM)
- Job Search/Networking Techniques (10 AM)
- Charlotte Klesman Doctoral Examination (10 AM)
- ZUMBA (12 PM)
- Job Search/Networking Techniques (12 PM)
- Tsvetan Aleksandrov Doctoral Examination (12 PM)
- UND Men's Cross Country at Missoula, Mont. (12:20 PM)
- UND Women's Cross Country at Missoula, Mont. (1:10 PM)
- Career Fair Success (2:30 PM)
- Yoga Renewal (3 PM)
- Physics Colloquium (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND SPORTS TV (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Family Fun Night (6 PM)
- Crimes of the Heart - Sold Out (7:30 PM)
- UND Soccer at Northern Colorado (8 PM)