Workshop: Using Wikis in Blackboard
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2 PM - 3:30 PM
Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Shae Samuelson 701.777.2129
Contact Dept: CILT
370 Oxford St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Have you explored wikis and wonder if this technology could hold value for you in the courses you teach? Might a wiki be a useful way to collaborate with colleagues and students on research projects? We will define key concepts and terms, and provide an overview of the ways wikis are used in higher education. At the end of the workshop you will be able to add a wiki to your own Blackboard course site.
This workshop will look at both Blackboard and Campus Pack Wikis.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- 'Collaboration: A La Rauschenberg' Exhibition (9 AM)
- Workshop: Uploading Tests to Blackboard in One Minute (Respondus) (9 AM)
- The Oakes Twins Exhibition (9 AM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Fall Involvement Expo (10 AM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (EERC) (11:45 AM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- GFPL Afternoon Storytime (2:30 PM)
- BMX Racing (5:45 PM)
- Auditions for Fall shows (6:10 PM)