Weight Training 101
Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7 PM - 8 PM
Health & Wellness, Special Event
Contact: Stephanie Hoffman 701.777.2943
Contact Dept: Health & Wellness, Wellness Center
Wellness Center Weight Room Floor
801 Princeton St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Interested in Weight Training? Not sure what equipment to use or how to use it?? Want to make sure you're lifting correctly? Then this class is for you!
Gain confidence and grow comfortable in the weight room environment, as well as gain enough base knowledge to be able to plan your own basic lifting sessions and start becoming stronger, building lean muscle, improving coordination & balance.
This class will be open to the first 14 people to register*, and will run weekly for 6 weeks. Learn how to properly lift weight, use correct form, learn how to use certain pieces of weight equipment and become comfortable with this area!
Stop by the Wellness Center Fitness Desk today to get signed up or register online!
*Wellness Center membership required.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- St.Jude Week (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (6:45 AM)
- Advanced Mediation Skills Training (8:30 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- New Employee Orientation (9 AM)
- Visiting Artist Series - Gary Erickson (9:30 AM)
- Coffee, Cookies & Conversation (10 AM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- National Guard Table at Memorial Union (10 AM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (EERC) (11:45 AM)
- (editor's pick)"Who Done It?" Book Club (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Workshop: Creating Poster Sessions using PowerPoint (1 PM)
- BYOT- "Bring Your Own Technology" (2 PM)
- PiYo Strength (4 PM)
- Turbo Kick (5 PM)
- Intermediate Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- Piano Masterclass (5:45 PM)
- Heartsaver First Aid (6 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Northern Ink - GFPL Writers Group (6 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- CoreCycle (7:15 PM)
- Close But No Cigar - film screening (7:30 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)