Specialty Group Exercise Registration!
Saturday, October 13, 2012 All Day
Cost: Varies by class
Category: Health & Wellness, Special Event
Contact: Stephanie Hoffman 701.777.2943
Contact Dept: Health & Wellness, Wellness Center
801 Princeton St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Do you need more fun in your exercise routine? Specialty Exercise offers a themed workout that gathers others with interests like yours. Specialty Exercise is progressive, meaning it starts with basic instruction and builds upon the featured foundation. Our specialty options provide a fun atmosphere and new challenges to any routine. Because of the specific design creation, equipment and knowledge of instructor that is needed, a small fee is associated with each Specialty Exercise. The fee may be variable depending on the combination of previously listed factors.
ViPR (“viper”) was created to allow exercise to be more purposeful and free. This piece of equipment may look like a humble rubber tube, but ViPRTM is an extremely effective training tool. ViPR weights will be carried, dragged, thrown, rolled, stepped on and flipped in this innovative Specialty Training class. ViPRTM provides its participants with a whole-body workout that, with hard work and dedication, produces results. Participants will build muscle and burn calories through strength and movement training. ViPR is suitable for all ages and abilities, with weights ranging from 4 kg to 10 kg.
Registration for the 2nd 6 weeks begins on October 1st and runs through October 8th for preferred participants. Regular registration for the 2nd 6 weeks begins on October 8th and runs through October 21st. Make sure you sign up now to reserve your spot in the class.
Meets: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:15pm (45 min).
Regsiter at the UND Wellness Center or online: https://tms.ezfacility.com/OnlineRegistrations/Register.aspx?CompanyID=124&GroupID=178867
Reformer Pilates is a resistance class that is meant to strengthen the body without adding bulk. By focusing on alignment and the core muscles, it increases flexibility, mobility, balance, and body awareness. With Pilates you will learn to strengthen your spine and the deep abdominal muscles resulting in better posture. The top benefits people report from Pilates are becoming stronger, longer, leaner, and more able to do anything with grace and ease.
Registration for the 2nd 6 weeks begins on October 1st and runs through October 8th for preferred participants. Regular registration for the 2nd 6 weeks beings on October 8th and runs through October 21st. Make sure you sign up now to reserve your spot in the class.
There are 3 different Reformer Pilates options for the 1st Fall session:
1. Morning Reformer Pilates – Meets: Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6:30 -7:15am (6 week option: Oct 23rd – Dec 6th) – Cost: $75.
2. Beginner Reformer Pilates – Meets: Tuesdays & Thursdays at 5:30 – 6:30pm (6 week option: Oct 23rd – Dec 6th) – Cost: $85
3. Intermediate Reformer Pilates - Meets: Mondays & Wednesdays at 5:30 – 6:30pm (6 week option: Oct 22nd – Dec 5th) – Cost: $85
Must have a valid UND Wellness Center membership to participate in all Specialty Group Exercise Programs
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Law Class of 1972 Reunion (All Day)
- Healthy Campus Challenge Triathlon (All Day)
- Heartsaver First Aid (9 AM)
- CoBPA Hot Chocolate and Coffee Parade Booth (9:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)Homecoming Parade (10 AM)
- Delta Gamma Alumnae Homecoming Brunch (10 AM)
- Alpha Phi Alumni Luncheon (10 AM)
- Kappa Alpha Theta Homecoming Open House (10 AM)
- Muscle Pump (10 AM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Microsoft Excel (10 AM)
- Story Time at the UND Bookstore (10 AM)
- Dr. Robert C. Eelkema Author Signing (10 AM)
- Power Cycle (11 AM)
- UND Women's Golf at Daytona Beach, Fla. (12 PM)
- Heartsaver CPR/AED (1 PM)
- SMHS Tailgating (1 PM)
- College of Nursing Tailgating (1 PM)
- Tailgate at Alerus (1 PM)
- UND Women's Cross Country - Ron Pynn Invitational (1:45 PM)
- Peter Howard Guest Cello Masterclass (2 PM)
- UND Men's Cross Country (2:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Football vs. Northern Arizona (3:05 PM)
- UND Women's Hockey at Ohio State (3:05 PM)
- Pi Kappa Alpha Fireman’s Formal (5 PM)
- Kappa Sigma Homecoming Banquet and Dance (5:30 PM)
- Homecoming Summit - Gorecki Alumni Center (6 PM)
- UND Volleyball vs. Northern Arizona (7 PM)
- Dakota Fighting Championships (7:30 PM)