Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:15 PM - 6 PM
Category: Health & Recreation
Contact: Stephanie Hoffman 701.777.2943
Contact Dept: Health & Wellness, Wellness Center
Wellness Center Group Exercise Room 272/274
801 Princeton St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
ViPR (“viper”) was created to allow exercise to be more purposeful and free. This piece of equipment may look like a humble rubber tube, but ViPR is an extremely effective training tool. ViPR weights will be carried, dragged, thrown, rolled, stepped on and flipped in this innovative Specialty Training class. ViPR provides its participants with a whole-body workout that, with hard work and dedication, produces results. Participants will build muscle and burn calories through strength and movement training. ViPR is suitable for all ages and abilities, with weights ranging from 4 kg to 10 kg.
Preferred Participant Registration for the 2nd 6 weeks runs October 1st and runs through October 8th (must have preferred participant registration card issued by instructor).
Regular registration for the 2nd 6 weeks begins on October 8th and runs through October 21st. Make sure you sign up now to reserve your spot in the class.
Meets: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:15pm (45 min)
Register at the UND Wellness Center or online: https://tms.ezfacility.com/OnlineRegistrations/Register.aspx?CompanyID=124&GroupID=178867
Must have valid UND Wellness Center membership to participate in Specialty Exercise Classes
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- GFPL Preschool Story Time (10 AM)
- Interviewing Techniques (10 AM)
- Tech Trend Forum: Providing Feedback to Students (11:30 AM)
- Interviewing Techniques (12 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt (12:30 PM)
- Andy Ihnatko - Digital Journalism (3:30 PM)
- PiYo Strength (4 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (Merrifield (4:15 PM)
- Classic Rock Cycling (4:15 PM)
- Cheap, Fast and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- Beginner Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- ZUMBA (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- A Visit with Bill Jamerson (6:30 PM)
- Music Faculty Lecture Series (7 PM)
- Keith Kirchoff - The Electro-Acoustic Piano (7 PM)
- enCORE (7:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Trumpet Volunscary (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- Beginners Swing Club (8:15 PM)