Space Aliens Helping Earthlings
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5 PM - 7 PM
Cost: Price will vary
Category: Community Event
Contact: Paul Hardersen 701.777.4896
Contact Dept: Space Studies
Please refer to event description for location details
Space Studies graduate students and Space Aliens Bar and Grill invites the community to join them for the monthly “Space Aliens Helping Earthlings” community fundraising program Tuesday, Oct. 16.
Students will be on hand from 11 a.m. to noon and 5 to 7 p.m. to hand out flyers. When people hand in the flyers with meal payments, Space Aliens will donate 20 percent of the purchase to the UND Observatory for equipment upgrades.
Students will also distribute fun space activities and posters to the kids as well as answer any questions they may have about space.
In the evening hours, kids eat for 99 cents and receive free tokens for the Space Aliens Arcade.
Also in the evening, students will have a solar observing telescope for kids to view the sun, weather permitting.
The UND Observatory is the only observatory in the state and is Internet controllable which means the telescopes can be controlled anywhere in the world. Space Studies wants to reach out to schools across the state so students can gain access to the stars.
“Space Aliens Helping Earthlings” is an organization created by Space Aliens Bar and Grill to support local teams, charities and community projects.
Space Aliens is located at 3250 32nd Avenue South.
Other Events on This Day
- Healthy Campus Challenge Triathlon (All Day)
- Specialty Group Exercise Registration! (All Day)
- Visiting Artist Julie Blackmon (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- GFPL Preschool Story Time (10 AM)
- Interviewing Techniques (10 AM)
- Dine with the Dimensions (11:45 AM)
- Interviewing Techniques (12 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt (12:30 PM)
- Dine with the Dimensions (12:30 PM)
- Workshop: iPads - Academic & Productivity Apps (2 PM)
- PiYo Strength (4 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (Merrifield (4:15 PM)
- Classic Rock Cycling (4:15 PM)
- Cheap, Fast and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- ZUMBA (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Great Reads Book Club (7 PM)
- Go ask someone else: What I learned about hospice music therapy from experts in another field - Faculty Lecture (7 PM)
- SWAC (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Hawo’s Dinner Party: The New Face of Southern Hospitality (7 PM)
- Muslims in America Video & Discussion (7 PM)
- enCORE (7:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)RED (7:30 PM)
- Concert Choir and Red River High School Choir Concert (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- Beginners Swing Club (8:15 PM)