Thursday, October 25, 2012 7 AM - 10 AM
Have you ever wondered if your metabolism is fast or slow? Is a slow metabolism the reason you can't lose weight? Now, your question can be answered with a 10-minute breathing test that will determine the exact number of calories you burn at rest each day.
Using a MetaCheck indirect calorimeter, the air you breathe out is analyzed to determine how much oxygen your body consumes which scientifically reveals your resting metabolic rate. After completing the test, you are given your Target Caloric Zone to ensure weight loss, maintenance or gain, depending on your needs. You will also be given personal strategies on how to maximize your metabolism.
Included with the 10-minute breathe test is a 20-minute explanation of results from a registered dietitian.
On the day of the metabolism test, participants should not exercise, have caffeine, or eat within 4 hours before the test.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Workshop: Creating Interactive Study Aids with StudyMate (9 AM)
- Erik Beehn - Artist Lecture (9:30 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt (12:30 PM)
- Q&A Sports Journalism in the Digital Age - Greg Wyshyski (12:30 PM)
- Bridget Drummer Retirement Open House (1 PM)
- Atmospheric Sciences Seminar (3 PM)
- Bronze Age Greece Lecture (4 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Fitness Xpress (4:30 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- Aflac Info Session (5 PM)
- UND Public Health Association Meet and Greet (5 PM)
- ViPR (5:15 PM)
- Beginner Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Build Your Resume (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)International Culture Night: Pakistan (6:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Volleyball vs. Idaho State (7 PM)
- Binary Inventions Exhibition - Closing Reception (7 PM)
- Aerospace Fall Safety Presentation (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- Advanced Swing Club (9:15 PM)