Thursday, November 29, 2012 7 AM - 10 AM
Have you ever wondered if your metabolism is fast or slow? Is a slow metabolism the reason you can't lose weight? Now, your question can be answered with a 10-minute breathing test that will determine the exact number of calories you burn at rest each day.
Using a MetaCheck indirect calorimeter, the air you breathe out is analyzed to determine how much oxygen your body consumes which scientifically reveals your resting metabolic rate. After completing the test, you are given your Target Caloric Zone to ensure weight loss, maintenance or gain, depending on your needs. You will also be given personal strategies on how to maximize your metabolism.
Included with the 10-minute breathe test is a 20-minute explanation of results from a registered dietitian.
On the day of the metabolism test, participants should not exercise, have caffeine, or eat within 4 hours before the test.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Last day to submit final copy of thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School (All Day)
- Cycle for a Cause: Cyclothon Registration (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- New Employee Orientation (9 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- Intellectual Property Committee Meeting (10 AM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt (12:30 PM)
- Crock Pot Cooking (12:30 PM)
- Workshop: iPads - Academic & Productivity Apps (2 PM)
- Multicultural Center to provide tips on interpersonal communication skills (3:30 PM)
- Ju Kim to give lecture on superconductivity (4 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Live Studio One Production (4:30 PM)
- Fitness Xpress (4:30 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- ViPR (5:15 PM)
- Beginner Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- Lions Christmas in the Park (5:30 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class-Microsoft Word 2012 (6 PM)
- Winter Wunderland Candlelight Dinner (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)International Culture Night: American Indian (6:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Brian Posehn (7 PM)
- Get Up & Move! (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- The Fantasticks (7:30 PM)
- Woodwind Studio Recital (8 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- Advanced Swing Club (9:15 PM)