Aerospace Fall Safety Presentation
Thursday, October 25, 2012 7 PM
Aerospace Sciences welcomes two alumni, Capts. Neil Brackin and Patrick Morrison, as presenters for its Fall Safety Presentation at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, in the Chester Fritz Auditorium. The presentation is open to UND students and the public. More than 2,500 pilots from around the area have been invited to attend.
The presenters will cover topics such as flight operations, safety management systems, training and automation management. They will relate their experiences with the Cessna Citation X aircraft to operations surrounding UND’s Cessna aircraft fleet.
There are a limited number of door prizes slated to be given away to those in attendance. Registration for door prizes begins at 6:30 p.m., and ends at 6:55 p.m.
Appareo Systems of Fargo, N.D., has donated a Stratus, a Bluetooth device, to be given away to one lucky attendee, and Dual Electronics is donating three GPS units. Other prizes include apparel from the Aerospace shop.
For more information, contact Sam Wagener, flight manager, Aerospace, at 777.7965 or wagener@aero.UND.edu.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Metabolic Testing (7 AM)
- Workshop: Creating Interactive Study Aids with StudyMate (9 AM)
- Erik Beehn - Artist Lecture (9:30 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt (12:30 PM)
- Q&A Sports Journalism in the Digital Age - Greg Wyshyski (12:30 PM)
- Bridget Drummer Retirement Open House (1 PM)
- Atmospheric Sciences Seminar (3 PM)
- Bronze Age Greece Lecture (4 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Fitness Xpress (4:30 PM)
- UND Public Health Association Meet and Greet (5 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- Aflac Info Session (5 PM)
- ViPR (5:15 PM)
- Beginner Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Build Your Resume (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)International Culture Night: Pakistan (6:30 PM)
- Binary Inventions Exhibition - Closing Reception (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Volleyball vs. Idaho State (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- Advanced Swing Club (9:15 PM)