Prosecuting Terrorism at the Special Tribunal for Lebanon
Friday, November 2, 2012 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
Benjamin Brockman-Hawe, who has worked as an attorney with the Special Tribunal for Lebanon, will be the Fall Visiting Fellow of the Center for Human Rights and Genocide Studies next week.
Focusing on human rights and justice issues connected to the Syrian Civil War, Brockman-Hawe will be the focal point for three public events focused on related hot-button issues in the Middle East, including an update on the Arab Spring movement and prosecuting terrorism crimes. Brockman-Hawe has also served as an attorney with the Special Court for Sierra Leone and the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina (War Crimes Chamber).
From 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Friday, Nov. 2, Brockman-Hawe will participate in a faculty/student workshop in Swanson Hall Room 17, with the theme of "Prosecuting Terrorism at the Special Tribunal for Lebanon." A free lunch will be served at the workshop, which is open to all faculty and students.
While here, Brockman-Hawe will also guest-lecture to an International Human Rights class at the School of Law and take part in a KFJM radio interview.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- St.Jude Week (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- BYOT- "Bring Your Own Technology" (9 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- Ryan Brovold Doctoral Examination (10 AM)
- Job Search/Networking Techniques (10 AM)
- Academic Advisor Workshop (11 AM)
- ZUMBA (12 PM)
- Primary Care Week (12 PM)
- Job Search/Networking Techniques (12 PM)
- Intellectual Property Education Seminar (1 PM)
- UND Women's Hockey vs. Clarkson (2:05 PM)
- Yoga Renewal (3 PM)
- Physics and Astrophysics Colloquium (4 PM)
- The Haunted Lab (5 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND SPORTS TV (6 PM)
- Go Fish! and Little Mermaid (7 PM)
- UND Men's Hockey vs. Boston University (7:35 PM)
- (editor's pick)Grand Forks Master Chorale Concert (8 PM)