Intellectual Property Education Seminar
Friday, November 2, 2012 1 PM - 3 PM
The schedule follows.
1 to 1:45 p.m., “Patents 101,” Gary Speier, Esq., Schwegman, Lundberg & Woessner, PA, Minneapolis, Minn. “Patents 101” includes a discussion of patentable subject matter (novelty, non-obviousness, etc.), inventorship issues, the overall patent process, timing issues (bar dates), foreign jurisdiction issues, and a brief overview of infringement (contrasted with patentability).
1:45 to 2 p.m., Question and answer session.
2 to 2:45 p.m., “Copyright Basics,” Jason Jenkins, Esq., Assistant General Counsel. Copyright is an area of law that is often misunderstood but its importance cannot be overstated, especially on campus. Recent developments have shed considerable light on the notion of copyright and fair use in the academic context. You will be introduced to basic copyright concepts, including what is covered by copyright, how works are protected, and who owns what.
2:45 to 3 p.m., Question and answer session.
We invite all interested faculty, staff and students on campus to attend this event. This presentation is free and open to the public. There will be coffee and refreshments served.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- St.Jude Week (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- BYOT- "Bring Your Own Technology" (9 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- Ryan Brovold Doctoral Examination (10 AM)
- Job Search/Networking Techniques (10 AM)
- Academic Advisor Workshop (11 AM)
- ZUMBA (12 PM)
- Primary Care Week (12 PM)
- Job Search/Networking Techniques (12 PM)
- Prosecuting Terrorism at the Special Tribunal for Lebanon (12:30 PM)
- UND Women's Hockey vs. Clarkson (2:05 PM)
- Yoga Renewal (3 PM)
- Physics and Astrophysics Colloquium (4 PM)
- The Haunted Lab (5 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND SPORTS TV (6 PM)
- Go Fish! and Little Mermaid (7 PM)
- UND Men's Hockey vs. Boston University (7:35 PM)
- (editor's pick)Grand Forks Master Chorale Concert (8 PM)