Visiting Artist Series - Gary Erickson
Wednesday, November 7, 2012 9:30 AM
Art and Design’s Visiting Artist Series presents, Gary Erickson, a ceramic artist, Wednesday, Nov. 7, and Thursday, Nov. 8.
Artist demonstrations are set from 9:30 a.m. to noon and from 1:30 to 4 p.m. in the Paul E. Barr Memorial Lecture Room 227 in the Hughes Fine Arts Center, followed by a presentation at 5 p.m. It is free and open to the public.
Erickson, an acclaimed artist who teaches ceramics at Macalester College, has an MFA from the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred. He has exhibited his work nationally and internationally. This work is in numerous public and private collections, including The Smithsonian American Art Museum, Renwick Gallery, Washington, D.C., the Jingdezhen Sanbao Ceramic Art Institute, Jingdezhen, China, the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the People , and the Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum.
The Department of Art and Design’s Visiting Artist Series is sponsored by the Colonel Eugene E. Myers Foundation.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- St.Jude Week (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (6:45 AM)
- Advanced Mediation Skills Training (8:30 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- New Employee Orientation (9 AM)
- Coffee, Cookies & Conversation (10 AM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- National Guard Table at Memorial Union (10 AM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (EERC) (11:45 AM)
- (editor's pick)"Who Done It?" Book Club (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Workshop: Creating Poster Sessions using PowerPoint (1 PM)
- BYOT- "Bring Your Own Technology" (2 PM)
- PiYo Strength (4 PM)
- Turbo Kick (5 PM)
- Intermediate Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- Piano Masterclass (5:45 PM)
- Heartsaver First Aid (6 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Northern Ink - GFPL Writers Group (6 PM)
- Weight Training 101 (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- CoreCycle (7:15 PM)
- Close But No Cigar - film screening (7:30 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)