(editor's pick)Visiting Artist Series - Gary Erickson
Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:30 AM
Art and Design’s Visiting Artist Series presents, Gary Erickson, a ceramic artist, Wednesday, Nov. 7, and Thursday, Nov. 8.
Artist demonstrations are set from 9:30 a.m. to noon and from 1:30 to 4 p.m. in the Paul E. Barr Memorial Lecture Room 227 in the Hughes Fine Arts Center, followed by a presentation at 5 p.m. It is free and open to the public.
Erickson, an acclaimed artist who teaches ceramics at Macalester College, has an MFA from the New York State College of Ceramics at Alfred. He has exhibited his work nationally and internationally. This work is in numerous public and private collections, including The Smithsonian American Art Museum, Renwick Gallery, Washington, D.C., the Jingdezhen Sanbao Ceramic Art Institute, Jingdezhen, China, the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the People , and the Frederick R. Weisman Art Museum.
The Department of Art and Design’s Visiting Artist Series is sponsored by the Colonel Eugene E. Myers Foundation.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- St.Jude Week (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- (editor's pick)North Dakota Law Reveiw Symposium - Domestic Violence & Sexual Assualt (8 AM)
- Advanced Mediation Skills Training (8:30 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Stone Soup Luncheon and Awards Program (11:30 AM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt (12:30 PM)
- Student Showcase (2 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Fitness Xpress (4:30 PM)
- Grand Forks Public Library Board Meeting (4:45 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- ViPR (5:15 PM)
- Beginner Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- Heartsaver CPR/AED (6 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class-Pin It! (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- UND Volleyball vs. Portland State (7 PM)
- Go Fish! and Little Mermaid (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Urinetown: The Musical (7:30 PM)
- Jazz Ensemble Swing Dance (8 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- Advanced Swing Club (9:15 PM)