Great American Smokeout
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 All Day
Health & Recreation
Contact: Julia Geigle 701.777.2097
Contact Dept: Health & Wellness Hub
Memorial Union Health & Wellness Hub
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The University of North Dakota is celebrating the 37th annual Great American Smokeout, Thursday, Nov. 15.
The Great American Smokeout is a nationally recognized event started by the American Cancer Society, and UND tobacco prevention coordinators are looking for help to celebrate the event and promote UND's tobacco free policy and quit tobacco options.
Anyone can become part of the movement. Just pick up a free "Proud to be...Tobacco Free" UND T-shirt at the Health and Wellness Hub on Tuesday, Nov. 13, or Wednesday, Nov. 14, and commit to wearing the shirt Thursday and talking with 10 individuals about the tobacco free policy and quit options.
Tobacco is the largest preventable cause of disease and premature death in the U.S., so come and help spread the word for healthier longer lives
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- World Kindness Day (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- GFPL Preschool Story Time (10 AM)
- Interviewing Techniques (10 AM)
- Work Well Fitness Assessments (11 AM)
- International Education Week (12 PM)
- Interviewing Techniques (12 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt (12:30 PM)
- Country specific Study Abroad Info sessions: Spain & Argentina (1 PM)
- Workshop: Clickers Go Mobile (2 PM)
- PiYo Strength (4 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (Merrifield (4:15 PM)
- Classic Rock Cycling (4:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Taste of the Holidays 2012 (4:30 PM)
- ViPR (5:15 PM)
- Cheap, Fast and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- Beginner Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- ZUMBA (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)This & That Book Club (7 PM)
- SWAC (7 PM)
- enCORE (7:30 PM)
- Cello Studio Recital (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- Beginners Swing Club (8:15 PM)