Great American Smokeout
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 All Day
Health & Recreation
Contact: Julia Geigle 701.777.2097
Contact Dept: Health & Wellness Hub
Memorial Union Health & Wellness Hub
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The University of North Dakota is celebrating the 37th annual Great American Smokeout, Thursday, Nov. 15.
The Great American Smokeout is a nationally recognized event started by the American Cancer Society, and UND tobacco prevention coordinators are looking for help to celebrate the event and promote UND's tobacco free policy and quit tobacco options.
Anyone can become part of the movement. Just pick up a free "Proud to be...Tobacco Free" UND T-shirt at the Health and Wellness Hub on Tuesday, Nov. 13, or Wednesday, Nov. 14, and commit to wearing the shirt Thursday and talking with 10 individuals about the tobacco free policy and quit options.
Tobacco is the largest preventable cause of disease and premature death in the U.S., so come and help spread the word for healthier longer lives
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- World Kindness Week (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Morning Reformer Pilates (6:30 AM)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. - Canceled (6:45 AM)
- Workshop: What's New in SharePoint (9 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Coffee, Cookies & Conversation (10 AM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (EERC) (11:45 AM)
- International Education Week (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Country specific Study Abroad Info session: England, Scotland, Australia (1 PM)
- BYOT- "Bring Your Own Technology" (2 PM)
- PiYo Strength (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Street Food From Around the World (4:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Business After Hours (4:45 PM)
- Turbo Kick (5 PM)
- Peace Corps Presentation (5 PM)
- Peace Corps Info Session (5 PM)
- Intermediate Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Art & Democracy Film Series: Bonnie and Clyde (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Movie: Bride and Prejudice (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- CoreCycle (7:15 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)