Olafson Ethics Symposium
Thursday, November 15, 2012 7 PM
The College of Business and Public Administration will host the 2012 Olafson Ethics Symposium at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, in the Gorecki Alumni Center.
This event is designed to engage students, alumni, and local business leaders in conversations regarding ethical decisions a person must make. Keynote speaker Ross Bernstein will discuss life lessons of values and integrity from the sports world to the business world.
Ross Bernstein is a best-selling author of nearly 50 sports books and has appeared on thousands of television and radio programs over his career, including CNN, CBS This Morning and ESPN, as well as on the covers of the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and USA Today.
As an internationally recognized business speaker, Ross uses inspirational sports stories to energize and connect his audiences, ultimately getting them to think and act more like champions.
His program, "The Champion's Code: Life Lessons of Values and Integrity from the Sports World to the Business World" will not only illustrate what it takes to become the best of the best; it will also explore the fine line between cheating and gamesmanship in sports as it relates to values and integrity in the workplace.
The symposium is free and open to the general public; a dessert reception will follow the keynote presentation. This annual event is funded through the support of UND alumnus Robert Olafson to support ethical business practices and the University of North Dakota.
Other Events on This Day
- Last day to submit "Preliminary Approval of Thesis or Dissertation" form to the Graduate School office (All Day)
- Finding North Dakota: 250 Years of Mapping (All Day)
- (editor's pick)Great American Smokeout (All Day)
- World Kindness Week (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Metabolic Testing (7 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- Country specific Study Abroad Info sessions: France, Norway and Italy (10:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)Passport Drive (11 AM)
- (editor's pick)Panel Lunch: The other side of coming out (11:30 AM)
- International Education Week (12 PM)
- (editor's pick)Tri-College Career & Internship Fair (12 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt (12:30 PM)
- Crock Pot Cooking (12:30 PM)
- Marijuana Science and Strategies for Community Coalitions Webinar (2 PM)
- Workshop: Spring 2013 Blackboard Preview (2:30 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Fitness Xpress (4:30 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- Career Possibilities with the U.S. Department of State (5 PM)
- U.S. Department of State Info Session (5 PM)
- ViPR (5:15 PM)
- Beginner Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class- Library2Go (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)International Culture Night: Russia & Taiwan (6:30 PM)
- A Good Yarn Knitting Club (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Urinetown: The Musical (7:30 PM)
- Chamber Orchestra Concert (8 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- UND Volleyball at Northern Arizona (9 PM)
- Advanced Swing Club (9:15 PM)