N.D. Tax Practitioners’ Institute webinar
Thursday, December 6, 2012 12 AM
Looking for an online opportunity to fulfill your CPE, IRS CE, North Dakota or Minnesota CLE, or North Dakota insurance continuing education requirements?
Professional Services is introducing the 2012 ND Tax Practitioners’ Institute. Join us online via webinar for the Institute on Dec. 6-7.
This instructor led, two-day course is a tax update seminar focused on various current developments in federal taxation, tax planning opportunities, and tax compliance issues. This course is intended for tax professionals and is designed to provide up-to-date information on federal tax updates and federal tax law.
Day one will cover the following federal tax law topics: communication with the IRS, divorce, EIC due diligence, information reporting, Office in the Home, amongst others. It will also cover following tax law update topics: new legislation, rulings and cases, small business issues, schedule A, individual tax payer topics, S corporations, schedule C, and IRS update.
Day two will cover the following federal tax law topics: credits, employment issues, agricultural issues, rural investments, retirement, succession planning, investment income, and travel, meals and entertainment. Day two will also cover the following tax law update topics: new legislation, rulings and cases, healthcare, agricultural issues, and rural investments.
We will also be offering a two hour ethics course on day one. This instructor lead course on ethics is designed to help the tax return preparer understand the newly promulgated rules and regulations governing the tax profession and the practical application of these rules in the daily operation of their businesses. It also illustrates the compliance requirements of Treasury Department Circular 230 in their practice before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Topics covered include IRS requirements concerning due diligence, confidentiality of client information, and professional conduct. A review of the potential sanctions and IRC tax return preparer penalties will round out the discussion.
Please visit the Tax Institute web site at http://conferences.und.edu/ndtax/index.html for a complete schedule, list of CEU approvals, pricing, and to register online today.
Other Events on This Day
- Last day to submit "Final Report on Candidate" form to the Graduate School Office (All Day)
- Cycle for a Cause: Cyclothon Registration (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- (editor's pick)Ceramic Arts Organization Pottery Sale (9 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- GFPL Toddler Story Time (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)St. Nicholas Celebration (11 AM)
- Noon Cycling (12:10 PM)
- Yoga Sculpt (12:30 PM)
- Workshop: Working in the Cloud (1:30 PM)
- Pat Nybo Retirement Reception (3 PM)
- University Senate Meets (4:05 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Fitness Xpress (4:30 PM)
- Live Studio One Production (4:30 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- ViPR (5:15 PM)
- Lions Christmas in the Park (5:30 PM)
- Beginner Reformer Pilates (5:30 PM)
- Create A Holiday Letter (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Cycle for a Cause (6:15 PM)
- The Reason: A Family Christmas Experience (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Plaid Tidings (7:30 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8:15 PM)
- Advanced Swing Club (9:15 PM)