Healthy Campus Challenge Maintain, Don't Gain Campaign
Monday, December 24, 2012 All Day
Health & Wellness, Class Event, Holiday
Contact: Stephanie Hoffman 701.777.2943
Contact Dept: Health & Wellness, Wellness Center
Maintain Don't Gain!
Dec 10th, 2012 - Jan 7th, 2013
Most Americans gain around a pound of weight every year during the holidays, which doesn’t seem like much, but studies show that the one pound gained during this time of year isn’t lost throughout the rest of the year. Overtime, the yearly one pound addition to body weight can have some serious effects on our health- hypertension, diabetes, etc. Maintain Don’t Gain is an awareness project, hopefully bring awareness to think about the decisions they make during this time of year, specifically about what they eat and their activity levels. It’s easier to prevent weight gain than it is to lose the pounds later.
The basics of the challenge
1. Initial Weigh-In- Get a starting point to use as a comparison once they return from winter break. (self-reported)
2. Weekly Weigh-In – Check to see if any change has occurred, if diet or exercise changes should be made, etc. (Not necessary to check weight more than once a week)
• Open to all UND Faculty, Staff & Student at no cost!
• Register at UND Wellness Center Fitness Desk or at Health & Wellness Hub in the Memorial Union
o OR online registration: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with Name, Email, and Phone Number
• Download and print tracking sheet/Information sheet at the UND website (http://und.edu/health-wellness/healthy-und/pa-subcommittee-folder/healthy-und-physical-activity-subcommittee.cfm) or by emailing Steph Hoffman
o Track all physical activity on the tracking sheet
• Turn in bottom of completed tracking sheet into the Wellness Center Fitness Desk or Health & Wellness Hub Jan 7th – 14th complete with name, email, and phone number (on back)