Agricultural Biotechnology Lecture
Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:30 PM
BioScience Association of North Dakota (BioND) will host their annual meeting at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 12, in the Center for Innovation – 4200 James Ray Drive. Ab Basu, State Government Relations of Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO), Washington, D.C., will talk about "Opportunities with Agricultural Biotechnology." Members of the public interested in this topic are welcome to attend.
"Ab Basu is an expert and informative voice in a challenging and complex field of biotechnology,” said Bruce Gjovig, entrepreneur coach and director of the Center for Innovation who also serves as president of BioND. “Basu’s comments on agricultural biotechnology will be particularly relevant for our area as farmer’s find ways to provide safe, reliable, and affordable food supply. Even during a weak national economy, agriculture is a tremendous success story, but this is not true everywhere around the world."
Cost is $15 per person and registration may be made through Myste at the Center for Innovation at Myste@innovators.net or by calling 777.3132.
For more information call Bruce Gjovig at 701.739.3132.
Other Events on This Day
- Healthy Campus Challenge Maintain, Don't Gain Campaign (All Day)
- Final Examination Period (All Day)
- TIAA-CREF Sessions (All Day)
- Stress Relief Sessions (8 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (EERC) (11:45 AM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- PiYo (4 PM)
- Lions Christmas in the Park (5:30 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Art & Democracy Film Series: The Breakfast Club (7 PM)