Workshop: Getting Started with Blackboard
Thursday, January 10, 2013 11 AM - 12 PM
Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Shae Samuelson 701.777.2129
Contact Dept: CILT
370 Oxford St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
This workshop will guide participants through the basic tasks and decisions required to set up a course. First, they will review the course from a student's perspective as they navigate through tools and content. The focus will then turn to the instructor's perspective where participants will walk through the process of creating a Course Menu from planning to adding and organizing links. Participants will gain hands-on experience creating a Course Menu that's suitable for their own course. They will also develop a Getting Started Content Area designed to provide students with information they need to be successful learners. Participants will also learn to customize their course to add visual interest and address pedagogical requirements. comm start-up tasks such as creating announcements, adding calendar entries, building a syllabus, and setting up discussion forums will also be introduced. This workshop is for individuals who are new to Blackboard.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Specialty Group Exercise Registration! (All Day)
- Ski UND (5:30 AM)
- "Todd Hebert: A Survey" Exhibition (9 AM)
- New Employee Orientation (9 AM)
- Bullying Webinar (9:30 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Job Search/Networking Techniques (10:30 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Job Search/Networking Techniques (12:30 PM)
- Workshop: Lecture Capture with Tegrity (2 PM)
- Grand Forks Public Library Board Meeting (4:45 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class: Library2Go (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Men's Basketball vs. Montana (7 PM)
- UND Women's Basketball at Montana (8 PM)