(editor's pick)WHY? Radio: The Philosophy of Gardens
Sunday, March 10, 2013 5 PM
Sometimes it feels like there isn’t any intelligent debate left in the world. All we hear is fighting: irresponsible, loud-mouthed partisanship disguised as information. For 2500 years, philosophers have tried to cut through the rhetoric, the infighting, and the abuse. WHY? Philosophical Discussions About Everyday Life continues this tradition with a new audience: you.
Join us each month as we engage in philosophical discussions about the most common-place topics. From explorations of hunting to discussions about domestic violence, from classic works of art to the most cutting edge digital media, from the American prairie to the heart of post-communist Romania, WHY? takes you on a journey through the great questions, the puzzling answers, and the deepest recesses of your mind.
To listen live from from anywhere in the world visit: http://www.philosophyinpubliclife.org/Why/liveradio.html. To listen via broadcast radio in North Dakota, tune to 89.3 in Grand Forks, 91.9 in Fargo), 90.5 in Bismarck, and on other Prairie Public radio stations across the state. WHY? is broadcast on the second Sunday of every month.
Other Events on This Day
- Spring Forward Into Savings! (All Day)
- UND Softball at The Rebel Games (9 AM)
- UND W. Tennis at Eastern Washington (12 PM)
- UND M. Tennis at Portland State (12 PM)
- UND Men's Tennis at Portland State (12:30 PM)
- UND Women's Tennis at Portland State (1 PM)
- Dan Jones: Charcoal Exhibition (1 PM)
- Grids, Blobs, Smears and Stripes: A Timothy Ray Retrospective (1 PM)
- (editor's pick)Writers Conference 101: Gary Shteyngart (2 PM)
- READ Dogs @ GFPL (2 PM)
- UND Softball vs. Lehigh (2 PM)
- UND Softball vs. Akron (4 PM)