(editor's pick)Body Images across Cultures
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12 PM - 1 PM
Meet, Eat, and Learn will be held Jan. 30, from noon to 1 p.m.
The presentation will focus on discussing body images across cultures. We will explore how body image ideals vary from culture to culture and why these differences exist. Learning about these differences will help us understand how the cultures we grew up and live in influence our views of the human body. Examples for this presentation will be taken from various African, Indian, Asian, Arab, and Western cultures. This presentation is held in conjunction with "Love Your Body Week" events.
Free lunch will be provided by the Women's Center. Everyone is welcome!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Ski UND (5:30 AM)
- Muscle Pump (6:15 AM)
- Morning Reformer Pilates (6:15 AM)
- Workshop: Click without a Clicker: New Software and Mobile Devices (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Interviewing Techniques (10:30 AM)
- Career Fair Success (11:30 AM)
- Crock Pot Cooking (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (12:15 PM)
- Sessions At The Dock (12:30 PM)
- Sessions at the Dock (12:30 PM)
- Career Crash Course: Interviewing Techniques (12:30 PM)
- New Employee Orientation (1 PM)
- ZUMBA (4 PM)
- Classic Rock Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Spring Break Boot Camp (4:45 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Classic Re-Reads (7 PM)
- Hip Hop (7:15 PM)
- CoreCycle (7:15 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)