(editor's pick)HLC Open Forum: Criterion 2
Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3 PM - 4 PM
Special Event, Meetings, Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Joan Hawthorne 701.777.4684
Contact Dept: Director of Assessment & Regional Accreditation
Swanson Hall Rooms 10-12
211 Cornell St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The University of North Dakota (UND) is embarking on the process of self-study and reporting for reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
All members of the campus community are encouraged to attend a series of HLC self-study open forums to hear the preliminary results of the self-study and provide feedback for the final report that will be submitted to the HLC. Open forums will also be streamed online at UND.edu/hlc Your participation in providing feedback on the self-study is crucial for UND’s reaccreditation process and to make UND exceptional.
Criterion 2 is about Integrity, and Ethical and Responsible Conduct. We consider whether:
- Our policies, processes, and operations are fair and ethical.
- We present the institution clearly and completely to students and the public.
- We are committed to freedom of expression.
- We ensure the responsible discovery and application of knowledge.
We also consider if our governing board is autonomous enough to make decisions in the best interest of our institution.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- National Nutrition Month (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- CANCELED: R.I.P.P.E.D. (7:15 AM)
- Dan Jones: Charcoal Exhibition (9 AM)
- Grids, Blobs, Smears and Stripes: A Timothy Ray Retrospective (9 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- WEBINAR - Workshop: Creating Surveys with Qualtrics - Beginner (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Resume/Cover Letter Writing (10:30 AM)
- Yoga Relax (11:45 AM)
- Noon Cycling (12 PM)
- Career Crash Course: Resume/Cover Letter Writing (12:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Writers Conference World Poetry Reading (2 PM)
- CYGA (4 PM)
- ArtWise Elementary Art Show (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Writers Conference Reading: Richard Bausch (4 PM)
- ViPR (4:30 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (4:45 PM)
- PILSA Tax Assistance (5 PM)
- Row & Ride (5:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Boxing (5:30 PM)
- Perspective Drawing Class (5:30 PM)
- Cheap, Fast and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- Turbo Kick (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Writers Conference Film: Elsa y Fred (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Great Reads Book Club (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Junior Viola Recital (8 PM)
- (editor's pick)Writers Conference Reading: Dorothy Allison (8 PM)
- Beginners Swing (8:30 PM)
- Writers Conference Reception (9 PM)