(editor's pick)HLC Open Forum: Criterion 3
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3 PM - 4 PM
Special Event, Meetings, Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Joan Hawthorne 701.777.4684
Contact Dept: Director of Assessment & Regional Accreditation
Memorial Union River Valley Room (206)
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The University of North Dakota (UND) is embarking on the process of self-study and reporting for reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
All members of the campus community are encouraged to attend a series of HLC self-study open forums to hear the preliminary results of the self-study and provide feedback for the final report that will be submitted to the HLC. Open forums will also be streamed online at UND.edu/hlc. Your participation in providing feedback on the self-study is crucial for UND’s reaccreditation process and to make UND exceptional.
Criterion 3 is about Quality, Resources, and Support for Teaching and Learning. We consider whether:
- Our degree programs are current and appropriate.
- We provide students with a high-quality educational experience.
- We provide the resources and support necessary to help students learn effectively.
- We offer an enriched educational environment.
We explore such topics as our Essential Studies Program, student research opportunities, student advising, learning spaces, support for faculty and staff, and faculty evaluation.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- National Nutrition Month (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- CANCELED: R.I.P.P.E.D. (7:15 AM)
- On Teaching Seminar (8:30 AM)
- Dan Jones: Charcoal Exhibition (9 AM)
- Grids, Blobs, Smears and Stripes: A Timothy Ray Retrospective (9 AM)
- Workshop: Qualtrics for Intermediate (9 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- UND Men's Golf at CSUB Invitational (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Resume/Cover Letter Writing (10:30 AM)
- Disney College Program Information tables (11 AM)
- Yoga Relax (11:45 AM)
- UND Men's Golf at Cal-State Bakersfield (12 PM)
- Noon Cycling (12 PM)
- Student Finance User Group Meeting (12 PM)
- Tech Trends Forum on Qualtrics Survey Software (12 PM)
- Career Crash Course: Resume/Cover Letter Writing (12:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Research Strategic Plan Forum (3 PM)
- CYGA (4 PM)
- ViPR (4:30 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (4:45 PM)
- PILSA Tax Assistance (5 PM)
- Row & Ride (5:30 PM)
- Boxing (5:30 PM)
- Perspective Drawing Class (5:30 PM)
- Cheap, Fast and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- Turbo Kick (6 PM)
- Social Entrepreneur Forum (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Global Visions - Iron Jawed Angels (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Allegro and Vivo Women in Music Concert (7:30 PM)
- Beginners Swing (8:30 PM)