(editor's pick)HLC Open Forum: Criterion 4
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3 PM - 4 PM
Special Event, Meetings, Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Joan Hawthorne 701.777.4684
Contact Dept: Director of Assessment & Regional Accreditation
Memorial Union River Valley Room (206)
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The University of North Dakota (UND) is embarking on the process of self-study and reporting for reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
All members of the campus community are encouraged to attend a series of HLC self-study open forums to hear the preliminary results of the self-study and provide feedback for the final report that will be submitted to the HLC. Open forums will also be streamed online at UND.edu/hlc. Your participation in providing feedback on the self-study is crucial for UND’s reaccreditation process and to make UND exceptional.
Criterion 4 is about Evaluation and Improvement of Teaching and Learning. We consider whether:
- We have appropriate policies and procedures in place to ensure the quality of our educational programs.
- We have effective ways to collect, analyze and use assessment data to enhance student learning.
- We are committed to improving student retention, persistence and completion rates.
We place an emphasis on educational achievement and continuous improvement through assessment.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- CANCELED: R.I.P.P.E.D. (7:15 AM)
- Dan Jones: Charcoal Exhibition (9 AM)
- Grids, Blobs, Smears and Stripes: A Timothy Ray Retrospective (9 AM)
- UND Women's Golf at Houston Baptist Husky Invitational (10 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Resume/Cover Letter Writing (10:30 AM)
- Tour of the Grand Forks Senior Center (11 AM)
- Yoga Relax (11:45 AM)
- Noon Cycling (12 PM)
- UND Women's Golf at Houston, Texas (12 PM)
- Career Crash Course: Resume/Cover Letter Writing (12:30 PM)
- UND Softball at South Dakota (2 PM)
- UND Softball at South Dakota (2) (2 PM)
- CYGA (4 PM)
- ViPR (4:30 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (4:45 PM)
- PILSA Tax Assistance (5 PM)
- Row & Ride (5:30 PM)
- Cheap, Fast and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- Boxing (5:30 PM)
- Turbo Kick (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)164th Infantry Presentation (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Global Visions - The Namesake (7 PM)
- Teen Advisory Board (TAB) @ the Grand Forks Public Library (7 PM)
- Evening Storytime @ GFPL (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Beginners Swing (8:30 PM)