(editor's pick)HLC Open Forum: Criterion 1
Thursday, March 7, 2013 3 PM - 4 PM
Special Event, Meetings, Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Joan Hawthorne 701.777.4684
Contact Dept: Director of Assessment & Regional Accreditation
Memorial Union River Valley Room (206)
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The University of North Dakota (UND) is embarking on the process of self-study and reporting for reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
All members of the campus community are encouraged to attend a series of HLC self-study open forums to hear the preliminary results of the self-study and provide feedback for the final report that will be submitted to the HLC. Open forums will also be streamed online at UND.edu/hlc. Your participation in providing feedback on the self-study is crucial for UND’s reaccreditation process and to make UND exceptional.
Criterion 1 is about Mission. We consider whether our mission:
- Is clear, current, publicly available, and aligns with our vision for the future.
- Guides our institutional decision making and operations.
- Shapes the services we provide to our students and the public.
We also are asked to demonstrate that our mission reflects and encourages engagement with a diverse society.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Ski UND (5:30 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (7:15 AM)
- Dan Jones: Charcoal Exhibition (9 AM)
- Grids, Blobs, Smears and Stripes: A Timothy Ray Retrospective (9 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Job Search/Networking Techniques (10:30 AM)
- Technology Trends Forum - Reference Management Tools (12 PM)
- International Women's Day Panel (12 PM)
- Career Crash Course: Job Search/Networking Techniques (12:30 PM)
- Coffee, Cookies & Conversation (1 PM)
- Suezette Bieri Retirement Reception (1:30 PM)
- Turbo Kick (3:45 PM)
- University Senate Meeting (4:05 PM)
- 20/20/20 (4:45 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (5:15 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class: (6 PM)
- enCORE (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Global Visions - Hello I Must Be Going (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:45 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)