Great American Spit Out Information Booth
Thursday, February 21, 2013 11 AM - 1 PM
Join the Health & Wellness Hub and "Quit Tobacco – Make Everyone Proud (QTMEP)" on Feb. 21, in celebrating the Great American Spit Out (GASpO) and commit to staying tobacco-free for 24 hours. What starts as one small step will get you that much closer to the right path in quitting smokeless tobacco forever.
Commitment to quitting is often the critical moment in overcoming tobacco’s influence in your life. Belief in yourself, a loved one or friend to quit tobacco will go a long way towards ensuring success. When you believe in yourself or others the confidence and courage needed to meet the many challenges that stem from life will blossom. Belief can change a person’s life.
After you decide that today is the day you want to quit, make a plan. Write it down, talk to someone or research what others are doing in their journeys. Being prepared to face an enemy like tobacco and nicotine addiction takes focus, hard work and resolve. You are not alone in the fight. QTMEP offers the services, resources and tools needed to help you succeed. While any day is the perfect day to quit tobacco, let GASpO be the launching pad you are looking for.
For more info: http://www.ucanquit2.org/facts/gaspo/Default.aspx
The Health & Wellness Hub will have an informational booth and free "Quit Spit Kits" available from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information, contact the Health & Wellness Hub at 777.2097.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- (editor's pick)Sundogs and Sunflowers Exhibit (All Day)
- Ski UND (5:30 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (7:15 AM)
- Workshop: iPad - Computing in the Cloud (9 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Job Search/Networking Techniques (10:30 AM)
- Tuberculosis on the Great Plains: The Grand Forks Epidemic (12 PM)
- Career Crash Course: Job Search/Networking Techniques (12:30 PM)
- Workshop: Creating Poster Sessions using PowerPoint (1 PM)
- Coffee, Cookies & Conversation (1 PM)
- Student Showcase (2 PM)
- Turbo Kick (3:45 PM)
- The Precarious Position of Princess Mary in 1525 (4 PM)
- ViPR (4:30 PM)
- 20/20/20 (4:45 PM)
- Formal Wear Sale (5 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (5:15 PM)
- Boxing (5:30 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class: (6 PM)
- enCORE (7 PM)
- UND Women's Basketball at Northern Colorado (7 PM)
- A Good Yarn Knitting Group @ GFPL (7 PM)
- Don't Hug Me! (7:30 PM)
- Don't Hug Me (7:30 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:45 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)