Irv Walen Retirement Reception
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2 PM - 3:30 PM
Irv Walen, Finance Manager for Flight Operations at the Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences, will retire at the end of February after more than 32 years of extraordinary service to the University of North Dakota, the Odegard School and its students.
Please join us at a reception in his honor from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, in the employee lounge, 251 Odegard Hall. Cake and refreshments will be served; all are welcome.
Initially hired at duplicating services in 1980, Walen attended UND part time and completed his accounting degree, graduating in 1984. He was hired as an account technician at what was then known as the Center for Aerospace Sciences. Irv was key in the transition from paper records and processes to computers at Aerospace, and is responsible for the development of many computer processes and programs on which we continue to confidently rely for financial information regarding our flight operations. His many contributions to the Odegard School have been significant and will remain with us long after his well-deserved retirement.
Irvin thanks the many people he has worked with throughout his career at UND and the UND Aerospace Foundation for their friendship and much valued support.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- (editor's pick)Rodney S. Webb Distinguished Jurist-in-Residence (All Day)
- Sundogs and Sunflowers Exhibit (All Day)
- Ski UND (5:30 AM)
- Muscle Pump (6:15 AM)
- Morning Reformer Pilates (6:15 AM)
- Second Annual North Dakota Spirit Week (8 AM)
- Dan Jones: Charcoal Exhibition (9 AM)
- Grids, Blobs, Smears and Stripes: A Timothy Ray Retrospective (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Workshop: Creating Poster Sessions using PowerPoint (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Interviewing Techniques (10:30 AM)
- Camp of the Cross - Table at the Union (10:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)State of the City (11:30 AM)
- Crock Pot Cooking (12 PM)
- (editor's pick)Soup & Share (12 PM)
- (editor's pick)Interfaith Fair at the Wellness Expo (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Very Gentle Yoga (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (12:15 PM)
- Career Crash Course: Interviewing Techniques (12:30 PM)
- New Employee Orientation (1 PM)
- Live Court Hearing (3:15 PM)
- Classic Rock Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Prayers in the Desert (6 PM)
- Classic Re-Reads (7 PM)
- HBO's Angels in America: Perestroika (7 PM)
- Infinite Faith Music Challenge (7 PM)
- Hip Hop (7:15 PM)
- CoreCycle (7:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Christian Rap & Rock Infinite Faith Music Challenge (7:30 PM)
- Junior Trumpet Recital (8 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)