Formal Wear Sale
Saturday, February 23, 2013 12 PM - 5 PM
Contact: Heather Helgeson 701.777.3741
Contact Dept: Nonprofit Leadership Program
Please refer to event description for location details
The Nonprofit Leadership Student Association (NLSA) is hosting its fifth annual Formal Wear Sale, which allows high school students in the Grand Forks area to buy affordable gently used prom attire. The event will take place Thursday, Feb.21, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, Feb. 22, from noon to 7 p.m.; and Saturday, Feb.23, from noon to 5 p.m., at The Ember located at 8 N. Third St., in downtown Grand Forks.
Dresses will be sold from $10 to $75, with higher-end dresses priced no more than $150. The NLSA will be collecting prom attire until the start of the event.
If anyone would like to donate, please call the contact information below and arrangements will be made to pick up donations or donations can be brought to the Memorial Union in the Student Involvement Office where a collection box is located. Donations are tax deductible; a tax deduction form is available upon request.
Proceeds will benefit the NLSA and the Sunshine Memorial Foundation, a prospective hospitality home that will fill a need for affordable lodging for family members of long-term patients accessing medical care in Grand Forks.
NLSA, which is affiliated with the College of Arts and Sciences Nonprofit Leadership Program, provides social and cultural opportunities for its members, as well as preparing students for careers in nonprofit leadership. The Nonprofit Leadership Program offers both an 18-credit certificate program and a 21-credit minor. This program is accredited by the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance, a national organization that establishes competencies and affiliates with nonprofit leadership programs in colleges and universities.
Other Events on This Day
- Kujenga Leadership Retreat (All Day)
- Sundogs and Sunflowers Exhibit (All Day)
- Ski UND (5:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)Extreme North Dakota END-IT Iceman Triathlon (7:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)2013 Men's Show (9 AM)
- PILSA Tax Assistance (9 AM)
- UND Men's Track & Field at Big Sky Conference Championship (10 AM)
- StepFit (10 AM)
- Children's Story Hour (10 AM)
- UND Women's Hockey at. St. Cloud State (10 AM)
- Barbu Cello Masterclass (10 AM)
- Power Cycle (11 AM)
- UND W. Tennis vs. South Dakota (12 PM)
- (editor's pick)Family Fun Day (1 PM)
- UND Women's Basketball vs. Portland State (2 PM)
- UND M. Tennis at Creighton (6 PM)
- UND Men's Tennis vs. Creighton (6 PM)
- UND Women's Hockey at Minnesota Duluth (6:05 PM)
- UND Men's Basketball at Bracket Busters (7 PM)
- Don't Hug Me (7:30 PM)
- Don't Hug Me! (7:30 PM)
- The Price is Right LIVE (7:30 PM)
- UND Women's Tennis at South Dakota (8 PM)
- UND Men's Hockey at Denver (8:05 PM)