Technology Trends Forum - Reference Management Tools
Thursday, March 7, 2013 12 PM - 1:30 PM
Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Shae Samuelson 701.777.2129
Contact Dept: CILT
Memorial Union River Valley Room
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Reference management tools can help you organize and store your journal articles, books and websites so you can easily search for and retrieve information. Additional features support sharing references with colleagues and building citations and bibliographies. These are time-saving applications to help you focus on your research instead of keeping track of all your sources.
Attend the Tech Trends Forum on Reference Management Tools to get an overview of several different tools to manage the documents you access in the process of your research, such as: Bookends, Endnote, Mendeley, Papers, ReadCube, Refworks, and Zotero. A brief comparison of each by an experienced user will shed some light on which one may be most useful for your purposes. The Tech Trends Forum takes place March 7 from Noon – 1:30 in the Memorial Union River Valley Room. Register early to reserve a lunch.
Please register by Friday, March 1, to reserve a lunch. Visit CILT online at http://UND.edu/cilt/workshops/workshops.cfm or contact Shae Samuelson at 777-2129 or shae.samuelson@UND.edu.
Center for Instructional & Learning Technologies
University of North Dakota
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Ski UND (5:30 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (7:15 AM)
- Dan Jones: Charcoal Exhibition (9 AM)
- Grids, Blobs, Smears and Stripes: A Timothy Ray Retrospective (9 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Job Search/Networking Techniques (10:30 AM)
- International Women's Day Panel (12 PM)
- Career Crash Course: Job Search/Networking Techniques (12:30 PM)
- Coffee, Cookies & Conversation (1 PM)
- Suezette Bieri Retirement Reception (1:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)HLC Open Forum: Criterion 1 (3 PM)
- Turbo Kick (3:45 PM)
- University Senate Meeting (4:05 PM)
- 20/20/20 (4:45 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (5:15 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class: (6 PM)
- enCORE (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Global Visions - Hello I Must Be Going (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:45 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)