SKYWARN Storm Spotter Training
Sunday, March 3, 2013 7 PM - 9:30 PM
This event has been canceled.
This is a duplicate announcement. Thanks.
A program designed to inform you what severe weather is, how it develops, and how you can assist the National Weather Service as a storm spotter. This seminar is designed as an informational class as well as a way to gain certification as a SKYWARN storm spotter. Greg Gust, Warning Coordination Meteorologist at the National Weather Service, will lead the training. Refreshments will be provided.
All that is needed is enthusiasm for learning more about severe weather. No prior experience is required. Please obey all UND parking regulations.
This even is sponsored by the North Dakota Chapter of the American Meteorlogical Society.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Sundogs and Sunflowers Exhibit (All Day)
- Ski UND (5:30 AM)
- AFAA Practical Yoga Instructor Training (9 AM)
- UND Softball vs. East Carolina (9 AM)
- UND Women's Golf at Norther Arizona Red Rocks Invitational (10 AM)
- UND Softball vs. East Carolina (10 AM)
- UND Women's Golf at Sedona, Ariz. (12 PM)
- Dan Jones: Charcoal Exhibition (1 PM)
- Grids, Blobs, Smears and Stripes: A Timothy Ray Retrospective (1 PM)
- (editor's pick)Writers Conference 101: Cheryl Strayed (2 PM)
- Geosciences @ GFPL! (2 PM)
- Voice Senior Recital (2 PM)
- (editor's pick)MAYA Trio (2 PM)
- Cooking with Kiddo's (3 PM)
- Partner Yoga (3:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)SKYWARN (7 PM)
- Piano Studio Recital (8 PM)