40 Hour Family Mediation Seminar
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Cost: $875.00; early bird $750.00 by April 22; Students/Staff/Faculty $300.00
Category: Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Joline Hughes 701.777.3664
Contact Dept: Conflict Resolution Center
Memorial Union River Valley Room
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Participants will learn and practice skills related to navigating and mediating family and divorce conflict. They will understand and utilize Transformative Mediation theory and will work in small and large groups, in experiential activities, and perform in role-plays with coaching and feedback from the trainers. Participants will learn about the dynamics of conflict and the special considerations in the family and divorce context. Domestic Violence will be explored and tools and practice guidlines will be used to work with this delicate population.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Grades due at noon (All Day)
- Parking Ramp Maintenance (All Day)
- (editor's pick)Northern Plains Convective Storm Symposium (8 AM)
- Asbestos Supervisor Initital (8 AM)
- Kaitlin Lilienthal Doctoral Examination (10 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- Relay for Life Fundraiser (11 AM)
- (editor's pick)2013 Staff Recognition Luncheon (11:30 AM)
- Glenn Olsen Retirement Reception (1 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (4:45 PM)
- (editor's pick)This & That Book Club (7 PM)